We are fine at Zipp farm in Guadalupe county! Fortunately all we got was 8 inches of rain and some wind. Thanks for checking on all of us!
My place is in Medina County, and so, thankfully, we were not affected by the storm. Our prayers go out to the many, many folks who were not so fortunate.
Here in Buna, Texas we have gotten about 11 – 15 inches (depends on who you ask). Some of the businesses were closed today and school did not start today as planned. It will start after labor day. I haven’t heard of anyone here needing to evacuate, but in nearby Vidor, we have had some friends who had to evacuate with their horses.
I just wanted to take a minute to thank all of you at TSCRA for what you are doing for all of us during this difficult time. I truly appreciate it. Awesome organization and proud to be a member!!
I’m in the central Texas area just east of San Antonio. We spent all day Saturday and Sunday in what was the eye wall of Harvey once it reached its northernmost point. We did not have the catastrophic damage that the coastal cities and now Houston is having, but the wind was constant and damaging. Most farmers and ranchers don’t build sheds and barns to withstand hurricane or tropical storm force winds up here, and lots of us have older tin sheds and roofs for livestock cover from the extreme heat. Insurance coverage is scarce for these types of structures as well because we assume we can handle repairs as necessary. At our ranch we had major damage to older tin sheds that couldn’t withstand the wind. I do hope there will be some relief available to assist in cleanup and replacement costs.
I haven’t been able to check the fences, those over the creeks are most apt to be effected. Neighbors got cattle in safest ground for me. Will keep in touch. Thanks for the inquiry. Regards
Blessed with three inches of rain in Melvin,TX. No damages.
Thank you for caring… my livestock is up in north Texas but I did lose a home to flooding.
I think we are holding our own. Cows were stranded on mound. They swam to me and we put them in the meadow. Feeding out hay. Had to button up some fence to hold them. Have major fence damage in other pastures. We are holding our own with generator. Lost several barns but house ok. […]
Wharton Co. 15 – 20 inches of rain. Have our cattle and equipment moved to higher ground as we are right on the Colorado River. Now awaiting a major flood but all should be good. Lots of cattle have been moved so hopefully livestock losses should be minimal. Flood is predicted to be long lasting so hay supplies may be critical for some.
It’s still an ongoing threat. Not sure what is needed yet, plenty of high water and more to come. The Colorado River is supposed to crest in 2 days at Bay City and is already out of banks.